'Cake Boss' Star Buddy Valastro Shares Photo Of His Cast After Injury
A few days ago, Cake Boss star Buddy Valastro revealed that he had been involved in a pretty serious accident! Valastro's arm was badly hurt during a game of bowling after a mishap that became a "terrible accident," according to his representative. Find out more here, and see the photo!
Buddy Valastro recently shared a photo on social media that came as a surprise to his fans! As Entertainment Tonight shares, Valastro— who's best known as the star of the TLC reality show Cake Boss— revealed that he had suffered a serious injury, sharing a photo of his cast on social media.
Valastro hospitalized after having to get arm surgery
Valastro took to Instagram to share the photo, which showed him bedbound at the hospital with his right arm slung up in a cast. "I was involved in a terrible accident a few days ago... What do you think of my new accessory?" he asked in his caption, adding the hashtags "#recoveryjourney #positivevibes #ironfist #cakeboss #buddyvalastro."
The baker and reality show host also talked more about his injury in a video he posted to his Instagram Story. "I had a really bad accident the other day at my house with my hand," Valastro explained, sharing that he's currently at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. "I just wanted to thank you for all the love and support. We're going to get through this together."
Valastro suffered injury during family game of bowling
Valastro's injury came while he was in the middle of a fun activity! His representative confirmed to People that while enjoying time with family at his home bowling alley, a technical issue occurred that became a serious mishap. "There was a malfunction with the bowling pinsetter, a common fix in the past, but it turned into a terrible accident," explained the rep.
"After trying to release the bowling pin from the cage mechanism, his right hand became lodged and compressed inside the unit," Valastro's rep continued. "Unable to remove his hand, he can see a 1-1/2' metal rod slowly and repeatedly impale his hand three times between his ring finger and middle finger."
Since Valastro's hand became trapped, his two sons— 16-year-old Buddy Jr., and 13-year-old Marco— had to use a reciprocating saw "to cut through the metal rod and relieve his father from the machine," according to the rep. Prior to being admitted to the Hospital for Special Surgery, Valastro also underwent surgery at Morristown Memorial in his hometown of New Jersey. We wish Valastro all the best in his recovery!