'Elf': This Is "Jovie" Today!
Elf is the hilarious and iconic Christmas movie starring Will Ferrell that was released in 2003. Most people forget that the beautiful Zooey Deschanel actually had a starring role in the film as well...
Zooey Deschanel got her start in the entertainment industry with her role in one episode of Veronica's Closet in 1998. It wasn't until she starred alongside Will Ferrell in the 2003 Christmas classic Elf as "Jovie" where she really started to skyrocket into fame. After that, she picked up many starring roles and even her own television series!
Zooey Deschanel: Her famous roles
Zooey Deschanel had roles in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (2005), Failure to Launch (2006), Yes Man (2008), 500 Days of Summer (2009), Winter Passing (2005) and Bridge to Terabithia (2007). The 39-year-old also played "Jessica Day" on the Fox sitcom New Girl from 2011 to 2018 for a total of seven seasons.
Fun Facts About Zooey Deschanel:
- She is a singer and loves to perform. You can even hear her singing in Elf!
- Deschanel has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Her sister is Emily Deschanel, who starred in Bones
- Zooey's father is an Academy-award winning cinematographer (Caleb Deschanel)
- She has been married and divorced twice and has two children named Charlie Wolf Pechenik and Elsie Otter Pechenik
- Zooey has recently started dating Property Brothers star Jonathan Silver Scott