Five Interesting Facts About R&B Music Star Erykah Badu
Erykah Badu has been active in show business since the mid 1990's. She is considered to be one of the greatest contemporary music stars and we couldn't agree more. Let's find out a bit more about her life!
Erykah Badu was born on February 26, 1971 in Dallas, Texas. The American singer and songwriter began her music career opening a concert for D'Angelo in the mid 1990's. Her performance was so impressive that she signed her first deal with Kedar Entertainment right away!
As of today she has released five studio albums and has won numerous awards, including four GRAMMYs. Erykah Badu has been called the "queen of neo soul," for her music style which includes R&B, 1970's soul and 1980's hip hop.
Five interesting facts about the "queen of neo soul" Erykah Badu
- The fabulous singer has been named one of People's 50 Most Beautiful Women in the World!
- Erykah Badu has 3 children: Seven Sirius Benjamin, Puma Sabti Curry, and Mars Merkaba Thedford
- Best known for her quote: "Music and the music business are two different things"
- She has also ventured on acting! Her on-screen debut was in the 1998 film Blues Brothers 2000
- Erykah Badu became a vegan in 2006. She said: "Vegan food is soul food in its truest form. Soul food means to feed the soul."