'Friends': This Is What "Gunther" Looks Like Today!
James Michael Tylor played "Gunther" on Friends from 1994 to 2004! You won't believe what the hilarious Central Perk coffee shop worker who was in love with "Rachel" looks like today!
Originally from Greenwood, Mississippi, James Michael Tylor is best known for playing the role of "Gunther" on Friends from 1994 to 2004. In case you need a quick refresher, he was the Central Perk coffee shop worker who was in love with "Rachel" (Jennifer Aniston.)
The American actor moved to Los Angeles in 1988 in order to pursue his career in show business. Before Friends, he was a production assistant for Fat Man and Little Boy, as well as assistant film editor. But do you know what he is up to now?
Friends: This is "Gunther" today
After appearing for the last time in our beloved show, where he played "Gunther" for a total of 148 episodes, James Michael Tyler actually opened to the public a Central Perk replica in London!
Later on, the 57-year-old star appeared in the American-British sitcom Episodes, alongside his Friends co-star Matt LeBlanc ("Joey".) Most recently he played the role of "Chad Levitz" on the small-screen project Modern Music!
Quick facts about the Friends star James Michael Tylor
- He got married in 1995 to Barbara Chadsey, but separated in 2003 and eventually divorced in 2014
- James Michael Tylor is an activist and supports numerous causes like the Lili Claire Foundation and AIDS Project L.A.
- He reportedly lives in Hollywood!
- James Michael Taylor appeared in a music video for British musician Chicane's "Come Tomorrow!
- He's quite active on social media. He often updates his fans not only about his professional career but also about his personal life!