Jodie Comer is an English actress who's best known for her role as "Villanelle / Oksana Astankova" on Killing Eve. She was born on 11 March 1993 in Liverpool, England, and had enjoyed a successful career in British film and TV even prior to achieving international fame with Killing Eve.
Jodie Comer plays "Villanelle" on Killing Eve
Jodie Comer is quickly becoming a household name with her award-winning performance on Killing Eve. Though the role has grown her stardom, Comer had as a young actor performed on many British TV series before winning the lead on Killing Eve in 2018. Some of the better-known roles she had were on My Mad Fat Diary, Doctor Foster, and Starz's The White Princess as "Elizabeth of York."
Jodie Comer Trivia
- Won BAFTA and Primetime Emmy Awards in 2019 for Killing Eve
- Is a Bruce Springsteen super fan
- Speaks with a Scouse accent, having been born in Liverpool
- Made Vogue's "Most Influential Girls of 2018" and Forbes' "30 Under 30" in 2019
- Thanks Stephen Graham for connecting her to an agent that started her career
- Cameoed as the mother of "Rey" in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker