Kanye West Opens Up About Presidential Campaign, Vows To Win Despite Never Voting In His Life
After news about rapper Kanye West running for President in the 2020 United States election was announced, not much was known about his campaign. In a new interview with Forbes, West has revealed more about his upcoming Presidential race.
It wasn't the first time that rapper Kanye West has said he would run for President of the United States, however this time, he means it. In an exclusive interview with Forbes, Kanye has revealed more details about his upcoming campaign for the 2020 election.
According to the interview, he has 30 days to make it official on whether or not he will be running for President in the 2020 election, or pushing it until 2024. He believes (like most of his strategies) that God is the deciding factor.
Kanye West's Presidential Campaign: "YES!"
Kanye West's campaign slogan is "YES!" and his new party banner is "Birthday Party." When asked why, he stated: "Because when we win, it’s everybody’s birthday." Another rather strange reveal is who his running mate is: a preacher from Wyoming, named Michelle Tidball.
West was quick to criticize Joe Biden and also decided to "take the red hat off" after the interview, noting that he "lost confidence" in Trump. "I’m not saying Trump’s in my way, he may be a part of my way. And Joe Biden? Like come on man, please. You know? Obama’s special. Trump’s special. We say Kanye West is special. America needs special people that lead. Bill Clinton? Special. Joe Biden’s not special," West said according to Forbes.
Kanye West's Presidential Campaign Platform
Here are just a few highlights on certain issues stated by Kanye West in his interview with Forbes.
- Kanye said he will "run as an independent if Trump is there" and a Republican if he isn't.
- West's reaction to the COVID-19 cure: "We pray. We pray for the freedom. It’s all about God. We need to stop doing things that make God mad."
- Kanye believes that President "Trump is the closest president we’ve had in years to allowing God to still be part of the conversation."
- He gave his stance on vaccinations and is "extremely cautious" when it comes to coronavirus vaccines, noting that "they want to put chips inside of us, they want to do all kinds of things, to make it where we can’t cross the gates of heaven."
- West hasn't developed any foreign policy yet: "I’m focused on protecting America, first, with our great military. Let’s focus on ourselves first."
- Concerning abortion, Kanye revealed "I am pro-life because I’m following the word of the bible."
- Kanye also revealed he was sick with COVID-19 in February
- He wants to model the White House after the Wakanda country in Marvel's Black Panther
- Kanye has the full support of Elon Musk and his wife, Kim Kardashian
- He has never voted before in an election. He registered to vote for the first time in Wyoming on Monday
Read more and get the full interview at Forbes HERE.