Life Before Fame: 'Isn't It Romantic' Star Rebel Wilson
Sydney native Rebel Wilson has an amazing acting career. Her fabulous characters usually make us laugh a lot and we just LOVE to see her whether on films or television shows. But do you know what her life was like before fame? Let's find out!
Australian actress Rebel Wilson has been highly praised in the past years for her appearances in films like Isn't It Romantic, Bridesmaids, How to Be Single, The Hustle, and most recently Cats. Not to mention her big role on the small screen in the television comedy show Super Fun Night!
If you have ever wondered what Rebel Wilson's life was like before fame just keep reading...
Rebel Wilson's life before fame - What was it like?
Rebel Wilson grew up in the Sydney suburbs of Kenthurst, Parramatta, and Castle Hill. Back in the day she attended Tara Anglican School for Girls, where she completed her Higher School Certificate in Food Technology.
Although her first career choice was Mathematics, since she considers herself "very academic and good with numbers," she attended the University of New South Wales graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre and Performance Studies in 2009.
Rebel Wilson's acting career before Hollywood
We're very used to see the fabulous Rebel Wilson portraying numerous characters on the big and small screens. However, before being famous, she appeared in several stage musicals including The Westie Monologues in 2002.
Before moving to the United States, where she officially started to build her acting career, she starred in different television shows in her native Australia such as Pizza, The Wedge, and Australian Idol. She also performed as a stand-up comedian on several television specials like The Breast Darn Show In Town!
(© Getty Images)
Quick facts about Rebel Wilson:
- She has three siblings: sisters Liberty and Annaleise, and brother "Ryot"
- Rebel Wilson has claimed her great-aunt was Lllian Bounds, who was married to Walt Disney!
- She and her Bridesmaids co-star Matt Lucas lived together from 2012 to 2015
- The Australian actress loves dogs but unfortunately she is allergic to them!
- Did you know she was offered a scholarship from the Australian army in the intelligence sector? She declined after learning she had to sign a 7-year contract
- She is set to appear in the upcoming dog grooming reality competition Pooch Perfect!