Mandy Moore Questions Ex-Husband Ryan Adams For Publicly Apologizing Without "Making Amends Privately"
Mandy Moore is calling out her ex-husband for some apologies he made over the last week, saying that she's "curious" to know why these apologies happened publicly, and not privately.
Mandy Moore is in no forgiving mood
Mandy Moore is getting real about how she feels regarding her ex-husband, Ryan Adams. The This Is Us star isn't quite ready to forgive her ex and is calling him out for his indirect apology.
In a letter publicly published to The Daily Mail, Adams apologized for his alleged behaviours towards women, writing that he is "still reeling from the ripples of devastating effects that my actions triggered."
But on Monday morning during an interview with Today, Moore had some choice words about her opinion on the matter.
When asked if she feels Adams has genuinely changed, Moore replied, "It’s challenging because I feel like, in many ways, I’ve said all I want to say about him and that situation, but I find it curious that someone would make a public apology but not do it privately."
"I am speaking for myself, but I have not heard from him, and I’m not looking for an apology necessarily," she continued.
"But I do find it curious that someone would sort of do an interview about it without actually making amends privately," she said.
Last year in a New York Times article, Moore described her experiences with Adams as often times suffering emotional and psychological abuse. Following the article, many other female artists came forward with similar complaints.
View this post on Instagram
I feel incredibly lucky to be seen and shot by my friend @photobyjennajones every single time she picks up her camera and her new series DRIVE THRU is no exception. In this unprecedented time of social distance and being the ever innovative artist that she is, she endeavored to photograph her pals in their cars from her car. Check out more on her website, where she has also had prints available for proceeds going to @lafoodbank.
In the Today interview, Moore also talked about the future of This Is Us amid the Coronavirus pandemic, as well as putting her first tour of 13 years on hold.
"We wrapped up everything in New York just as everything felt like it was shutting down," she said.
"I flew back here to Los Angeles and I’ve been back here ever since."
Watch the full interview below!