Miss Universe 2019: This Is Everything You Need To Know About Zozibini Tunzi
Originally from Tsolo, South Africa, Zozibini Tunzi was crowned Miss Universe 2019, beating Miss Mexico, Sofía Aragón, and Miss Puerto Rico, Madison Anderson. Did you know that the 26-year-old is an activist? Let's find out a bit more about her life...
Zozibini Tunzi won the 2019 Miss Universe pageant this weekend at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, Georgia and impressed everyone not only for her beauty, but also for the emotional speech she gave. "I grew up in a world where a woman who looks like me with my kind of skin and my kind of hair was never considered to be beautiful," she said.
This is everything you need to know about Miss Universe 2019 Zozibini Tunzi
- She was born in Tsolo, South Africa, on September 18, 1993 (26 years old)
- She is one of three sisters and attended the Cape Peninsula University of Technology, where she got a public relations and image management degree
- Zozibini Tunzi began her pageant career in 2017 after being accepted as one of the 26 semifinalists of Miss South Africa 2017. This year she competed in the same pageant and was crowned the winner!
Miss Universe 2019: A couple of extra facts about Zozibini Tunzi
- The pageant queen is an activist who has been fighting against gender-based violence
- Miss Universe 2019 is an advocate for natural beauty and likes to encourage women to be themselves
- Zozibini Tunzi is an avid reader, a passion she discovered thanks to her grandmother
- After being crowned Miss Universe 2019, she will live in a luxurious New York City apartment which she will share with Miss USA 2019, Cheslie Kryst