'Project Runway': Where Is Tim Gunn Now?
Tim Gunn is best known for his appearance on the reality television show Project Runway, serving as a mentor to fashion designers. The 67-year-old fashion consultant recently worked on a very exciting project with his Project Runway co-star Heidi Klum. Did you know that he decided to be celibate more than 20 years ago?
The fabulous fashion consultant and television personality Tim Gunn established his popularity after serving as the on-air mentor to designers on the reality television show Project Runway, from 2004 to 2009. Hosted by the gorgeous Heidi Klum, Project Runway had two spin-off shows where Tim also appeared, Tim Gunn's Guide to Style, and Under the Gunn. In addition to being an executive producer, Gunn also served as a mentor for the teen designers on Project Runway: Junior.
Originally from Washington D.C., Tim Gunn's amazing career includes A LOT of major achievements! From 1992 to 2007 he served on the faculty of Parsons The New School for Design, an art and design college located in New York's Lower Manhattan district. Later on, he joined Liz Claiborne as its chief creative officer.
This is Project Runway star Tim Gunn in 2020
Tim Gunn's on-screen career includes appearances in several shows and films such as Sex and the City 2, Gossip Girl, Inside Amy Schumer, and BoJack Horseman, among others. But what is he actually doing now?
Tim Gunn released a new reality series called Making the Cut, created and presented by him and Heidi Klum. In 2018, it was revealed that Gunn and Klum would be leaving the legendary series Project Runway in order to develop their own fashion show for Amazon Prime Video. Making the Cut premiered in 2020 and will feature Nicole Richie, Naomi Campbell, Carine Roitfeld, and Joseph Altuzarra as judges.
Additional facts about Project Runway star Tim Gunn
- He is 67 years old and currently lives in Manhattan, New York
- Tim Gunn, who is gay, was raised in a very conservative household where homosexuals were viewed as predators. He once revealed that he attempted suicide when he was 17 and did not share his sexual orientation with his family until he came out to his sister at the age of 29
- You probably remember him as "Barney's" personal tailor in How I Met Your Mother
- In the early 1980s, Tim Gunn ended a six-year relationship after finding out his boyfriend cheated on him. He has not been in a relationship since then and has said he still loves his former partner
- In 2012 he opened up about his celibacy and said "he is a perfectly happy and fulfilled individual." His decision of not having a partner came after AIDS began to cause severe damage to gay communities, so he simply decided to retreat from that danger
View this post on Instagram
On guard! Getting prepared to motivate designers for our new fashion series on @amazonprimevideo! If you think you have what it takes to showcase your fashion brand to a global audience, rush over to castingfashiondesigners.com to place a casting submission. You have until MIDNIGHT ON FEB 18TH to apply!