'Unorthodox': Actress Shira Haas' Life Before Fame
If you are a big fan of Netflix series like we are, surely you have seen Unorthodox, starring Israeli actress Shira Haas. We will tell you a little about her life before she became famous!
The 25-year-old Israeli actress, Shira Haas, rose to fame recently after her lead role in the Netflix series Unorthodox, becoming an overnight sensation. She was even just nominated for an Emmy Award!
Born on May 11, 1995, in Hod Hasharon, Israel, the beautiful Shira has won great recognition thanks to one of the latest Netflix series. However, it is true that she was already famous, especially in her native country of Israel where she appeared in the 2014 drama Princess, as well as in the drama film 2017.
This Is Unorthodox Star Shira Haas
Shira Haas before finding fame on Unorthodox
Before acting, however, Shira Haas had a very difficult life because she was diagnosed with kidney cancer at the age of two. Fortunately, she won the battle against the disease two years later. Her Jewish family also has a somewhat turbulent past, as her grandfather, a holocaust survivor, was sent to the concentration camp of Auschwitz during World War II.
Interesting facts about Shira Haas
- She is a winner of an Israeli Academy of Film and Television Award
- She was born May 11, 1995, in Tel Aviv, Israel
- Shira learned Yiddish, the language mainly spoken in Unorthodox, two months before filming the series in Berlin
- The name Shira is Hebrew for "poetry" or "singing"
- The show is nominated for the upcoming Emmy Awards
Check out the trailer for Unorthodox here:
We can't wait to see more of Shira in the future!