Janet Jackson: Her Career Then & Now
Janet Jackson's music career is just impressive. The 54-year-old musician has been active in the music industry since the early 1970's and is one of the highest-paid artists. Do you know what she's doing today? We have all the information!
Janet Jackson has been active in the music industry since 1973 with her music style is often described as innovative, sexually provocative and socially conscious. She has released 11 studio albums, 2 remix albums, and 3 compilation albums.
However, Janet has also pursued a career as actress, starring in 5 movies and appearing in 10 television shows, including The Jacksons, Diff'rent Strokes, Fame and Saturday Night Live.
The ninth and youngest child of the Jackson family became a pop icon in the early 1980's after signing a contract with A&M Records, where she was able to show the world her fascinating combination of rhythm and blues, funk and rap elements.
Janet Jackson's Net Worth
Her estimated net worth of 190 million dollars makes Janet Jackson one of the highest-paid artists in the industry, and it seems that she really likes to establish records. As of 2019 she has sold over 100 million albums and she is one of the world's best-selling music artists of all time, thanks to her singles "Together Again," "All for You," "Nasty," and "Rhythm Nation," just to mention a few.
Janet Jackson: Where is she now?
Unbreakable is Janet Jackson's most recent album, released in 2015. But that doesn't mean that the singer -and also dancer- hasn't done anything since then In fact Metamorphosis, her first concert residency, concluded last year in Las Vegas, earning almost 13 million dollars. Also in 2019, Janet was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
In November 2019 she performed a series of concerts in San Francisco and Hawaii to celebrate the 30th anniversary of her album Rhythm Nation.
What about Janet Jackson's personal life?
- Janet Jackson got married for the first time at the age of 18 to singer James DeBarge but eventually divorced from him in 1985. Then she married dancer/songwriter/director Rene Elizondo Jr. but also divorced in 2000. And it was in 2010 when she met businessman Wissam Al Mana who became her husband in 2012; in 2017 they welcomed their son Eissa and in the same year the couple separated
- She has four lovely dogs! Riley (a Rottweiler); Dylan (a Boxer); Madison (a miniature Schnauzer) and Pockets (an Australian shepherd-cross)
- Janet has lived in Los Angeles, New York and Atlanta
- She has always wanted to study law
- Janet loves tattoos and has five visible ones on her body