Duchess Kate is the wife of Prince William. They met in 2002 and their wedding took place nine years later. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, as her full name is, has three children with William. Prince Louis, Princess Charlotte and Prince George.
Duchess Kate and Prince William met in 2001 at the university, where they lived together in a student flat in their second year. Their love story was not always easy, they separated for a few months in April of 2007.
After Duchess Kate and Prince William´s married in 2011, it took some time until the first baby was born. Their son Prince George was born in July of 2013, their daughter Princess Charlotte in May of 2015. The baby number 3,Prince Louis, has been in the world since April of 2018.
Duchess Kate: Children with Prince William
Duchess Kate and Prince Williams' children are attracting a great deal of media interest. The entrance of St. Mary's Hospital, where Kate gave birth to Prince George and Prince Louis, was full of media reporters and cameras. The pregnancies of Duchess Kate always came with a particularly bad form of pregnancy discomfort. Her severe morning sickness even prevented her from attending official appointments for the first few months.
Duchess Kate: Dresses and appearance
Duchess Kate's wedding dress is not the only thing that causes a stir. Catherine's choice of dress has been a point of interest to the people and the media for years. She is regarded as a fashionable royal who is also increasingly wearing inexpensive clothes like a 50 euro dress from Zara to events.
Kate, like her husband Prince William, is strongly committed to bringing people's mental health to the fore. She also launched a campaign to raise the profile of nurses. Duchess Kate's grandmother and great-grandmothers were volunteer nurses.
• The "Kate Middleton Effect" describes the fact that the Duchess's clothes are sold out within a very short time after she wore them to an event.
• Duchess Kate was 29 years old at her wedding, making her the oldest bride at a British royal wedding. Only Duchess Meghan was 36 years older.
• As a young child, Duchess Kate lived in Jordan in the 1980s as her parents worked in the Middle East.
• One of Duchess Kate's biggest fans is Madonna. She described Kate 2011 as "a lovely girl with a great sense of style".
• Duchess Kate is very athletic. She plays hockey and tennis, and Kate also skis.