• Home
  • Royals
  • Harry Was "Devastated" When He Had To Give Up His Military Post With Royal Exit

Harry Was "Devastated" When He Had To Give Up His Military Post With Royal Exit

Harry was "devastated" when he had to give up his military post with his royal exit.
March 30, 2020 - 13:15 / Clemens Fanger

Prince Harry was "devastated" when having to give up his military post in accordance with his and Meghan's exit from the royal family, which will be official on March 31st. He expressed his feelings about this issue at his last military engagement earlier this month!

Tomorrow, March 31, is the last day for Harry and Meghan as senior members of the British royals. Ever since announcing their decision to step back from the royal family earlier this year, they have slowly been letting go of their different duties and patronages, but having to resign from his military post was reportedly extremely hard for Harry.

RELATED NEWS: Harry & Meghan Respond To Trump Saying He Will NOT Pay For Their Security!!!

According to the The Sun, he expressed his feelings about the fact that he would no longer serve as Captain General of The Royal Marines at his final military engagement in early March.

Harry did not want to give up his post as Captain General of The Royal Marines.

Prince Harry: "I feel I'm letting people down"

Harry and Meghan appeared at the Mountbatten Festival of Music at the Royal Albert Hall in London earlier this month, where Harry "told people he regretted having to stand down and pretty much said the decision had been forced on him," a source told The Sun"He is a genuine guy and you could see he was upset and emotional as this was one of the last times he would be in uniform among his men and women."

When he gave his speech at the festival, Harry said: "I am so proud to have served as the Royal Marines Captain and am devastated that I am having to step down. I feel I'm letting people down, but I had no choice."

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex arrive to attend The Mountbatten Festival of Music at the Royal Albert Hall in London on March 7, 2020
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex arrive to attend The Mountbatten Festival of Music at the Royal Albert Hall in London on March 7, 2020

Harry served in the Army for ten years and was deployed to Afghanistan twice. It was announced in January by Buckingham Palace that, in accordance with him quitting the royal family, he would step back from all "official military appointments", which he obviously regrets deeply now...

We will keep you updated with more stories on the royal family right HERE...