• Home
  • Royals
  • Prince Albert Addresses Rumors He Caused Prince Charles' Coronavirus: "We Nodded Hello To One Another"

Prince Albert Addresses Rumors He Caused Prince Charles' Coronavirus: "We Nodded Hello To One Another"

Prince Albert addresses rumours he caused Prince Charles' coronavirus: "We nodded hello to one another"
March 27, 2020 - 17:27 / Laura Pérez

Some believe Prince Albert caused Prince Charles' coronavirus after the two royals met in London a couple of days ago. Now Monaco's Prince Albert is addressing those rumours - he explained the Prince of Wales "had a number of other opportunities to catch it," and that he can't be accused of contaminating him.

Prince Charles tested positive for coronavirus earlier this week. Fingers are pointing now at Prince Albert of Monaco who was diagnosed with COVID-19 last week. Some believe he might have caused the Prince of Wales' coronavirus.

READ MORE: Famous people who have tested positive for coronavirus

Now Prince Albert is addressing those rumours and spoke about his and Prince Charles' meeting in London, which took place on March 10 as they both attended a Water Aid event.

Prince Albert II of Monaco attends the 44th International Circus Festival Monaco, 2020

Prince Albert says he can't be accused of contaminating Prince Charles

Prince Albert explained he and Prince Charles "never shook hands." He said: "I was at the other end of the table, way far away. We nodded hello to one another, so I don’t think I can really be accused of contaminating him."

RELATED: These celebrities have passed away from COVID-19

Prince Albert of Monaco also explained there were a lot of other people at the event. "I know he continued his schedule afterwards for a number of days. He had a number of other opportunities to catch it," he added. Prince Charles' doctors say the Prince of Wales wouldn't have been contagious before March 13.

Prince Charles in 2009

Prince Charles' coronavirus diagnosis was confirmed by Clarence House on Wednesday. He has been experiencing mild symptoms but remains in good health. Where Prince Albert contracted the virus is still unknown; he is currently supporting Monaco's defense against the disease.

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Buckingham Palace postpones Changing of the Guard ceremony until further notice