Princess Beatrice: Facts about the Queen's granddaughter
Princess Beatrice of York, is the Queen's granddaughter and the daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson. The pretty princess turned 30 on 8th August and, in honour of her 30th birthday, we've collected seven exciting facts about Princess Beatrice!
1. Princess Beatrice (30) loves nothing more than to wear eye-catching dresses and hats. Her expensive designer hat by British hat-maker Philip Treacy, which she was wore to her cousin Prince William 's(36) wedding, became the talk of the internet.
The hat was ridiculed widely online, with many likening it to a pair of antlers, but Beatrice saw the humour in it and decided to put the hat's fame to good use! She put the hat up for auction and managed to raise an impressive £81,000 for UNICEF and Children in Crises.
2. From 2007 until July 2016 Princess Beatrice was in a relationship with David Clark (33), the son of an American millionaire, and many Britons felt that a royal wedding was most definitely on the cards. However, after almost ten years, Beatrice and David split up out of the blue.
3. From 1988 (her year of birth) until 2015 Princess Beatrice was first female in the British line of succession to the throne. Then Princess Charlotte (3), her cousin Prince William's (36) daughter, was born on 2nd May 2015 and Beatrice is now only the second female in line to the throne.
4. Her full name and title is: Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice Elizabeth Mary of York.
5. Headlines circulated in 2016 that Princess Beatrice had injured singer Ed Sheeran's (27) face with a sword when attempting to knight singer James Blunt (44) as a joke at a party. However, James Blunt confessed that he and Ed had invented the story in March 2017.
6. Beatrice suffers from dyslexia and is vocal about how the disorder has affected her. As patron of the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre, she is very passionate about the topic.
7. Princess Beatrice has a younger sister, Princess Eugenie (28), who will marry financier Jack Brooksbank in October 2018. Beatrice will be her sister's maid of honour.